Image Map

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Pink & Gold Floral Mani

Hey guys! Two posts today for you so I hope you enjoy them both!

First up is my new mani that I created using my new polish from Essie!





I ordered three new Essie polishes from Boots as they had a 3 for 2 offer on and I love them all! I posted a picture of a mani I created using all of the colours but I forgot to take some proper pictures so I probably won't do a post on them but if you would like to see more pics of it let me know in the comments (pic below).



After using Ballet Slippers as a base for the above mani I just had to use it again straight away.



There are loads of swatches online of this polish so I won't post a swatch but I am super proud of this new mani I created, even though it wasn't really super hard.

To create this mani I used my everyday base - Rimmel London Nail Nurse, and then applied 3 very thin coats of Ballet Slippers and a topcoat of Seche Vite.



When this was all totally dry I took some of my mums craft stickers which come in a big gold sheet and simply placed the stickers where I wanted them on my nails and trimmed to size.

Finally I sealed it all in with another coat of Seche Vite paying special attention to the edges to prevent peeling.



I know this seems like an awful lot of layers of polish and I wouldn't usually apply this many but I didn't want to risk applying the stickers to a tacky base and need to move them because I don't like the placement. And I only applied three coats because I wanted a super opaque base as my nails have been getting super dirty whilst working at my 3rd year uni placement.



I love how simple these were but how effective they look at the end. The colours are perfect together and this may be a new favourite nude pink. I don't know how it took me so long to purchase it!

I hope you enjoyed this mani post and stay tuned for the next post (its baking themed for GBBO)

Peace.

Don't forget you can follow me on Facebook below and instagram using @kimberlina94.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. These are really pretty, the gold really suits that base coat! I also LOVE the mani you did using all the polishes wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...