Image Map

Saturday 29 March 2014

March Favourites

Hey guys so I know its a little late into March to do a March favourites but as I only started the blog recently, and have just gotten back from a week in Amsterdam (photos and blog to follow) I think its okay!

There has been quite a few things I have been loving this month and also through Jan and Feb, so here we go….

First thing in my favourites is my all time best foundation. This is the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation.




Sorry for the awful picture but I just wanted to show the packaging (ignore the dirty lid…). This foundation is probably the closest that I have found for my skin colour. As a ginger I find it very hard to find foundation that is the right colour and always end up having to bronze my neck… The Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in Porcelin is probably a closer colour, but it didn't sit as well on my skin as the ivory one, and every time I wore it people asked me if I was feeling okay, so I must have looked like Casper the Friendly Ghost. This foundation is only slightly too dark and is great at making my skin look smoother as I have quite big pores, and it isn't too heavy! Definitely will keep purchasing this until I find a better match. I picked this up in Boots for £11.99 which isn't the cheapest, but it lasts a long time and there is ALWAYS deals on!

Next is a Yankee Candle in Strawberry Buttercream…



This candle smells so delicious I can't even describe it! Sadly I can't really afford Yankee Candles so this is the only one I own and it was given to me… but it smells so nice! I tend to go for quite sweet candles unlike others who like more pertumey smells, so this is perfect for me! Wish I could buy more…

This months nail polish favourites are Nails Inc. in Kensington Square and Essie in Bikini So Teeny.



Bikini So Teeny has been my favourite for a while due to the fact that is goes with ANYTHING… it is such a beautiful colour and Essie polishes always have such a long lasting wear. The slight shimmer in it looks amazing in the sun and the colour looks good with my hair.

Kensington Square by Nails Inc. is the colour I am currently wearing and I will post a swatch another day. It is the perfect colour for spring and I managed to get it for an amazing £2.50, instead of the usual £11, in a set of 8 that cost me £20. (Check out my previous blog about the Sugar Rush Set).



I love both of these colours and will definitely be creating some nail art of them together.. keep an eye out!

I am also loving these amazing tweezers I got in my stocking for christmas..



They are double ended with a tiny end for those hard to reach little hairs…



And a standard end for all the other hairs..



There is literally not a hair that these cannot get out! I believe that my Mum got these from T K Maxx for about £9 but I am not sure and I can't remember the brand. I would really recommend that every girl has a pair of these as I used to buy the 99p ones from boots and spend ages trying to get stubborn hairs out! Really worth the purchase.

Next up is this stunning lip stick from SEVENTEEN in Deep Secret.



This is such a nice berry shade which I wore a lot through winter, and I realise it is now the spring but as it is still cold I think its acceptable to still be wearing and loving it! I am wearing this in my cover picture on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3946843247169&set=a.1758967391640.51787.1762702543&type=1&theater) and although it had worn off quite a bit from drinking I think it still looks nice! When it is too Summery to wear this I will put it away and whip it out again for Autumn as it is perfect for that weather.



This is a great lipstick for anyone who is a bit scared of wearing deeper colours as although it looks really dark when you open it, it is actually such a nice shade and not too dark that is feels too daring.

The packaging is really cute and looks a lot more expensive that it actually was as only £4.99! Bargain.




I realise this is a very long blog but only a few things left!
Next is my favourite treat that my Dad brings me back from his work trips to France.. White Chocolate Covered Oreos!



I think I may be slightly addicted to these but how can anyone resist?! They taste delicious and are the perfect size to drop in your handbag…

I am also loving this Maybelline Express Nail Polish Remover Pot, which I will be putting in an upcoming blog about my nail art essentials bag.



I actually managed to get this free in a deal that Superdrug were doing a while ago but I kept forgetting to use it and I am so glad that I eventually did. This is such a handy thing to have for when you are in a hurry. All you have to do it put your finger in the pot, twist a few times and your nail polish is gone! Perfect for simple plain nails but does not work very well at all on nails with glitter on… When I tried the inside got all ripped and bobbly, so I won't be trying that again, but luckily it still works. Definitely will buy this again when it runs out.

Lastly!!! (finally.. I know..) is Graze Box.




I know many of you will have seen the adverts for these boxes on television, and they are so worth the buy! I managed to get the deal with the 1st and 5th box free and so far I have had 3 boxes I think… This one has definitely been the best. As you can see I had already eaten one box which was Banana shortbreads with a toffee dipping sauce… mmm. I have since eaten the Hot Cross Yum and oh my gosh! The best thing I have tasted… The cinnamon honey almonds were soooo good!

The great thing about Graze is that you can say what type of food you like in advance and if you dislike something the send, you can tell them and they will not send it again. Same for things you love.. but they will make sure they send you them again every few boxes, which I will be doing for the Hot Cross Yum. I think they cost about £4 a month, or you can chose to get them weekly, or fortnightly. So exciting to get these in the post!



And how cute is the packaging! You can drop these individually into your bag and snack on them in the day. Will keep subscribing to this box and suggest it to others!

Okay thats all and hope you liked reading this post.

Leave comments below and any suggestions for other posts, as I would love to hear who's reading.

Let me know if you have tried and love any of these items too!

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...