Image Map

Friday 11 July 2014

Barry M Floral Nails

Hey guys! Lots of posts this week I know…. but as I think I am going to be very busy at the weekend I thought I would post now to make up for if I miss Sundays post. Prepared girlie here!



So with all the beautiful releases that have been coming out from Barry M lately (that I really shouldn't buy but desperately want!) I decided to be good and simply rediscover my old favourites to create this floral mani!





These are the colours I used to create this mani and these are truely some of my favourite polishes ever. The Gelly Polish in Sugar Apply is the most wearable blue/turqouise I have ever brought and the quality of the formula is great! I don't really know how I ever let this slip to the bottom of my polish box. 




I was inspired to create this mani after looking back through my instagram and discovering this mani using other Barry M polishes I have. I am thinking of doing a recreation month sometime this year where I improve old manis so let me know in the comments if you think that would be a good idea. I think its great to look at improvement in terms of photography of manis and quality.


I was also inspired by the fact there is a competition running called Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux and todays the theme for day 10 of July was Favourite Polish. I would usually say that my favourite polish is Essie Bikini so Teeny… but as I starting looking through my box I remembered how amazing Barry M polishes are and especially for their price! So I chose to use my favourite 2 Barry M polishes and some extras to kind of make a Favourite Brand mani.



I decided to take the florals onto all nails and add the blue as a slight break to avoid an over the top mani.


 























I used the Matt White as a base and waited for it to dry over night ready for the tape later.

Then I used a dotting tool to swirl the two light pink/coral polishes together in random places and left to dry for a bit.


 























Then using the Born Pretty Store brushes I posted about at the beginning of the week I created random curved lines on top of the flowers.

I thought the flowers looked a little bare so I added a few random leaves using an un named polish I found in my box of untrieds.



I then using striping tape to section of the left hand side of the nails and painted until opaque and finished with a topcoat.



I really like the mani and loved how easy it was to create them, although I must admit my other hand doesn't look quite as nifty.



What do you think? Its one of my favourite manis so far on my blog…. and all the polishes dried so quickly. I really want to try out their Matte topcoat to compare with Models Own which is slightly disappointing and I think this mani would have looked great in Matte. May have to do another Barry M Haul soon but I really shouldn't! You can buy them here at Barry M online or here at Boots.com.

If you want to join in the OMD2 Comp check it out here and check out the other manis below!

Peace.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and detailed! I love the look of Raspberry - it's such a nice colour! I think a recreation month sounds like a great idea - I was thinking of doing something similar on my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! The roses look so cute and detailed, and Sugar Apple looks very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are BEAUTIFUL! The blue really does make it - if they were roses all over it might look a bit less... something.

    You do need the Barry M Matte topcoat, it's really good! (Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love the design you came up with and the colours go so so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! So pretty! Reading your blog is always a delight x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...